Quality Employment for People with a Disability
Change Text Size

Useful Links

Referral Services

Ask Izzy is a website that connects people in need with housing, a meal, money help, family violence support, counselling and much more.

Welcome to Head to Health | Head to Health The federal government website Head to Health can help you find digital mental health services from some of Australia's most trusted mental health organisations. Provides apps, online programs, online forums, and phone services, as well as a range of digital information resources.


Advocacy WA assists and supports people with disabilities to achieve social and individual change, empowerment, justice and human rights.

Citizen Advocacy is a not-for-profit organisation that promotes, facilitates, and supports advocacy for people with intellectual disability.

KIN helps people from diverse backgrounds living with disability, their families and carers.

Midland Information, Debt And Legal Advice Service MIDLAS is a not-for-profit community legal centre based in Midland that provides financial counselling, tenancy advocacy, disability advocacy and legal services to people throughout the North East Metro region of Perth.

National Disability Advocacy Program provides people with disability with access to effective disability advocacy that promotes, protects and ensures their full and equal enjoyment of all human rights enabling community participation.

People with Disability WA advocates for the rights and empowers the voices of people with disability in Western Australia.

Sussex Street Community Law Service Inc is a 'non profit' non government community based organisation that provides access to accountable, non judgemental and effective legal services to low income people in the community.

Child Safe Organisations

Child Safe Organisations provides information about the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations.

National Office for Child Safety leads the development and implementation of several national priorities recommended by the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.


You can make a complaint if the disability supports being provided to you, a family member or someone you care for do not meet the Code of Conduct. The first step is to talk to your service provider. If are not happy with their response, you can talk to:

  • the Complaints Resolution and Referral Service 1800 880 052 or
  • the Department of Social Services Feedback and Complaints Team 1800 634 035 | complaints at dss dot gov dot au

All complaints are confidential and can be made anonymously. You can also contact the below services and you will find more information on Complaints in the Is BIZLINK Working for You.

Australian Human Rights Commission | Make a Complaint. The Australian Human Rights Commission investigates and conciliates complaints about discrimination and breaches of human rights.

Commonwealth Ombudsman can help people with disability sort out problems with Australian Government agencies. This includes programs that are specifically for people with disability including: the National Disability Insurance Scheme; the Disability Support Pension; Disability Employment Services. They take complaints about mainstream Australian Government programs that are delivered to or for people with disability e.g., Centrelink, child support, Medicare, Australia Post, and immigration.

Complaints Resolution and Referral Service helps with complaints about Disability Employment Services call 1800 880 052.

National Disability Abuse and Neglect Hotline is an Australia-wide telephone hotline for reporting abuse and neglect of people with disabilities using government funded services call 1800 880 052.

NDIS Complaints. People with disability have the right to complain about the services they receive. This link provides information about how to make an NDIS Service related complaint.

Employment Related

Australian Apprenticeships is an Australian Government website that provide information about Traineeships and Apprenticeships.

Centrelink provides information about services and payments from Centrelink, online services, publications and forms.

Department of Social Services funds BIZLINK; from this site you can access information about Employment Support Services and the National Standards for Disability Services.

Fairwork provides information and advice about Australia's national workplace relations system from the Fair Work Ombudsman. You'll also find links to Fair Work Australia - the national workplace relations tribunal.

Fair Work Commission is Australia's workplace tribunal. They create awards, approve enterprise agreements and help resolve issues at work.

JobAccess is an information and advice service funded by the Australian Government. It offers help and workplace solutions for people with a disability and employers.

JobSearch is an Australian Government website for free online job search and career information.

Respect@Work creating safe, inclusive and respectful workplaces. This portal provides resources for employers and workers. It includes best-practice guides, training programs, workplace-assessment tools, information, videos and advice.

Wageline provides information on State industrial legislation, awards and agreements.

WorkSafe provides information and links to resources about workplace safety and health. This site can also be used to report a safety or health incident.

Mental Health

Mental Health Emergencies

Police, fire, ambulance - call 000
Call if there is a threat to life (or go to a Hospital Emergency Department).

Mental Health Emergency Response Line - call 1300 555 788
For anyone involved in a mental health emergency in the community – including individuals, families/carers, member of the general public or health professionals, provided by the East Metropolitan Health Service.

Suicide Call Back Service - call 1300 659 467
Nationwide service offering assistance 24 hours per day, seven days per week for people over 18 who may feel suicidal or who know someone who may be at risk of suicide.

Lifeline - call 13 11 14
Crisis support. Suicide prevention.

Kids Helpline - call 1800 551 800
Free, confidential, 24/7 online and phone counselling service (includes 18-25yrs). Deals with mental health problems, family/relationship violence and abuse, personality disorders, sexuality, alcohol and drugs and other issues.

13YARN 24/7 culturally safe crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Phone: 13 92 74.

Beyond Blue is working to reduce the impact of anxiety, depression and suicide in the community by raising awareness and understanding, empowering people to seek help, and supporting recovery, management and resilience.

Lifeline is a national charity providing all Australians experiencing a personal crisis with access to 24 hour crisis support and suicide prevention services. You can call Lifeline's 24 hour crisis line 13 11 14 about: Suicidal thoughts or attempts, Personal crisis, Anxiety, Depression, Loneliness, Abuse and trauma, Stresses from work, family or society, Self-help information for friends and family.

Headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation. If you are looking for someone to talk to and you are 12-25, you can get health advice, support and information from headspace.

LGBTQIA+ Resources

QLife provides counselling (webchat and phone) every day from 3pm to midnight on 1800 184 527. QLife is a free and anonymous service run by LGBTIQ+ peers for those wanting to talk about a range of issues including sexuality, identity, gender, bodies, feelings or relationships. This service is available for people within the LGBTQIA+ community as well as friends and family.

LGBTI+ youth | Freedom Centre | Perth Located in Leederville and online, the Freedom Centre helps to support young people and their families by educating them on diverse sexuality and identity. They also run a drop-in space for trans and gender questioning young people under the age of 18 & their families.

Safe and supportive counselling for LGBTIQA+ young people | WAAC WAAC is a non-profit organisation with a vision for a world of positive healthy people in inclusive, connected communities. They offer counselling options for LGBTQIA+ young people aged 16 to 26 years – For people living with or affected by HIV, the sessions are free. For people who are part of the LGBTIQA+ community, the service is means-tested, works on a sliding scale, and can be negotiated on an ongoing basis with your counsellor.

Sexuality | ReachOut Australia ReachOut directly helps under 25s with everyday questions and who are going through tough times by providing collaborative one-on-one support through up to four free coaching sessions. ReachOut also has resources for both parents and young people relating to LGBTQIA+ matters. This includes LGBTQIA+ related reading e.g. "The difference between gender, sex and sexuality" and "Supporting your LGBTQIA+ teen".

Peak Bodies

Disability Employment Australia is the peak body for Australia's Disability Employment Services.

NDS - National Disability Services is the Australian peak body for non-government disability services.